Stevia is a healthy, tasty way to sweeten just about anything and control blood sugar levels.
Regular consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages (and particularly carbonated soft drinks), can lead to weight gain and increase your risk of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Not to mention the daily highs and lows that come with regularly spiking your blood sugar levels.
The common solution for sweetening foods and beverages and avoiding the issues with blood sugar levels is to use artificial sweeteners like sucralose (Splenda) and aspartame (Nutrasweet, and now AminoSweet). While these substances may not be as harmful as some say, studies have shown that they may indeed cause harmful effects in the body. Until further research is done, I think it’s smartest to avoid them.
So what can we use as a safe, low-calorie sweetener that doesn’t negatively impact our blood sugar levels?
Well, stevia extracts known as “steviol glycosides,” to be exact.
Stevia is a plant with sweet leaves, and research has shown that it increases insulin sensitivity, helps regulate blood glucose levels, has anti-carcinogenic properties, decreases oxidative stress associated with eating large amounts of carbohydrates, reduces blood pressure and inflammation in the body, lowers bad cholesterol levels, and protects the kidneys.
In addition, very little is actually needed because steviol glycosides are 300 times sweeter than sugar, making them a 0-calorie sweetener. Their effects on insulin (and thus blood sugar levels) are also negligible (one study showed that stevia eaten with a meal resulted in lower insulin levels than aspartame or sucrose).
So I recommend giving stevia a try. You can go with liquid stevia, but I much prefer this product:
What do you think of stevia? Love it? Hate it? Have a favorite brand? Let me know if the comments section below!
If you want a "paint-by-numbers," step-by-step blueprint for building a muscular, lean, strong body...faster than you ever thought possible...then you want to check out my bestselling books.
Here's a little sneak peek of what you'll learn inside...
- The 7 biggest muscle building myths & mistakes that keep guys small, weak, and frustrated. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- How to build meal plans that allow you to build muscle, lose fat, and get healthy with ease…eating foods you love (yes, including those deemed “unclean” by certain “gurus”)…and never feeling starved, deprived, or like you’re “on a diet.”
- The 5 biggest fat loss myths & mistakes that keep women overweight, disappointed, and confused. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- An all-in-one training system that delivers MAXIMUM results for your efforts…spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week…doing workouts that energize you, not wipe you out.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will save you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year that you would’ve wasted on products that are nothing more than bunk science and marketing hype.
- And a whole lot more!
The bottom line is you CAN achieve that “Hollywood body" without having your life revolve around it. No long hours in the gym, no starving yourself, and no grueling cardio that turns your stomach.
My book will show you how. Get it today and let’s build a body you can be proud of.
Bigger Leaner Stronger
Thinner Leaner Stronger