Ever since I was little I’ve always loved a good mac & cheese (oh the good old days of eating an entire box of Kraft made with extra butter).
This recipe is from my cookbook, Eat Green Get Lean, and I particularly like it because you get a lot of taste out of a high-protein, moderate-carb, low-fat dish.
Portions are quite filling as well, so you can even use 1/2 or 3/4 as a side. And if you add a little protein, a full portion actually makes a great post-workout meal.
Hope you enjoy!
Calories Per Serving
Protein Per Serving
Carbohydrates Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
1 cup (dry) whole grain elbow macaroni noodles, cooked
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup whole grain flour
2 1/2 cups skim milk
2 ounces light pasteurized processed cheese, cubed
1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the margarine and melt, once melted add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in the milk and heat to boiling. Stir constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the processed cheese, cheddar, and mustard, continue to stir until cheese is melted.
Place macaroni in a 2-quart casserole dish. Pour the sauce over and mix. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle bread crumbs over.
Place in oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
What You Get to Eat
What did you think of this week’s recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want a "paint-by-numbers," step-by-step blueprint for building a muscular, lean, strong body...faster than you ever thought possible...then you want to check out my bestselling books.
Here's a little sneak peek of what you'll learn inside...
- The 7 biggest muscle building myths & mistakes that keep guys small, weak, and frustrated. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- How to build meal plans that allow you to build muscle, lose fat, and get healthy with ease…eating foods you love (yes, including those deemed “unclean” by certain “gurus”)…and never feeling starved, deprived, or like you’re “on a diet.”
- The 5 biggest fat loss myths & mistakes that keep women overweight, disappointed, and confused. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- An all-in-one training system that delivers MAXIMUM results for your efforts…spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week…doing workouts that energize you, not wipe you out.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will save you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year that you would’ve wasted on products that are nothing more than bunk science and marketing hype.
- And a whole lot more!
The bottom line is you CAN achieve that “Hollywood body" without having your life revolve around it. No long hours in the gym, no starving yourself, and no grueling cardio that turns your stomach.
My book will show you how. Get it today and let’s build a body you can be proud of.
Bigger Leaner Stronger
Thinner Leaner Stronger