One of the things I love about fitness is you can’t slide by on bullshit.
It’s one of those special things in life that you can’t buy, steal, or fake. There aren’t any rewards for complaining or failing, and it doesn’t care about your opinions or feelings.
You have to give something to get something.
It’s called “working out,” after all, and for a good reason. You either do the work, and transform your body, or you don’t.
This is a valuable lesson to learn, I think, because it’s a metaphor for something bigger.
No matter what you’re facing in life, you have two choices: you can put in the work, or get put in your place.
I think that nature smiles at the economic, political, and social institutions that we erect to try to change this rule, and escape its certitude.
Well, let’s not forget that not so long ago, our forebears had to chase, fight, and kill just to survive.
They expected hardship.
They were willing to face the worst.
They embraced the fact that the universe, in all its apparent tranquility, is a carefully balanced chaos of forces that we barely understand.
We, on the other hand, have it easy. And that makes it easy to go soft, to lose perspective, and be lulled into idleness, inertia, and irresponsibility.
I like to think that working out is something of an inoculation against this.
A tribute to the primacy of work.
A reminder that the same power you muster to change your body can also be harnessed to change your life.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want a "paint-by-numbers," step-by-step blueprint for building a muscular, lean, strong body...faster than you ever thought possible...then you want to check out my bestselling books.
Here's a little sneak peek of what you'll learn inside...
- The 7 biggest muscle building myths & mistakes that keep guys small, weak, and frustrated. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- How to build meal plans that allow you to build muscle, lose fat, and get healthy with ease…eating foods you love (yes, including those deemed “unclean” by certain “gurus”)…and never feeling starved, deprived, or like you’re “on a diet.”
- The 5 biggest fat loss myths & mistakes that keep women overweight, disappointed, and confused. (These BS lies are pushed by all the big magazines and even by many trainers.)
- An all-in-one training system that delivers MAXIMUM results for your efforts…spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week…doing workouts that energize you, not wipe you out.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will save you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year that you would’ve wasted on products that are nothing more than bunk science and marketing hype.
- And a whole lot more!
The bottom line is you CAN achieve that “Hollywood body" without having your life revolve around it. No long hours in the gym, no starving yourself, and no grueling cardio that turns your stomach.
My book will show you how. Get it today and let’s build a body you can be proud of.
Bigger Leaner Stronger
Thinner Leaner Stronger