If you’re even semi-serious about playing golf then you probably spend far too much money on this damn “pastime” than you should…but you’ve got to check out the Garmin Approach S4 watch.
The S4 is a powerful, GPS-enabled “virtual caddy” with a plethora of useful features and functions:
- The yardages are very accurate when compared with a laser rangefinder (within a yard or two)
- It’s great for tracking the distance you hit each of your clubs (hit the ball, click, go to ball, click, done)
- The touchscreen makes for easy, quick use and can be read in the sunlight
- Distances to the front, middle, and back of greens are shown, as well as lay-up and dogleg distances
- The Green View feature is great for seeing the actual shape of the green and it also allows you to drag the pin into the appropriate position for perfect yardage accuracy
It’s also very light and unobtrusive. I wear mine on my left wrist when I play and don’t even notice it when I’m swinging.